Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wash Day @ 12 weeks post

Heyy!

Okay Okay. I know I am an product junkie because I took my braids out at only 2 1/2 weeks. TERRIBLE!! I don't know why but I really missed my hair. I missed looking at my curls and watching YouTube videos of my favorite naturalistas running their fingers through the luscious curls. That was definitely not happening. I got to tell you that taking them out was nice and easy so I will be purchasing the hair again. I was able to take them out within a half an hour. While I was detangling I noticed that my hair was extremely soft and well moisturized.

Now once I took them out here is what I did:

  • Shampooed with Joico K-pak Color Therapy Shampoo. Once really well massaging my scalp to clean the dirt that was at the base of my braids.
  • Next I used Curl Junkie's Curl Assurance Smoothing conditioner as a rinse out. Even though my hair was already detangled very good. This had good slip, but I will still be trying it again next wash day to see how it works when I haven't detangled before hand.
  • Deep conditioned with Marie Dean Seaweed & Rice deep conditioner. I left this on for over 2 hours with out heat. But I was cooking in the kitchen so I know I generated some body heat to warm my hair up.
  • Only squeeze out the excess water I then used Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Conditioner, sealed with Hairveda Vatika oil, and the styled with a sample pack of Edens Body Works Coconut Shea All Natural Pudding SoufflĂ©. 
I loved how my curls were defined with this pudding. Once it was dry which took about 2 hours maybe more. I twisted it up for the night. I have A LOT of pillow packs so I will be trying to use them to see how they work on my hair. I'm thinking I maybe reinstalling my braids for the fall because I love how soft and moisturized my hair. The below pic is how my hair turned out after taking out my twist today!

No comments:

Post a Comment