Monday, September 23, 2013

Wash day @ 10 weeks post

Hey guys

Wow! I can't believe it has been 10 weeks since I "Big Chopped". Time has really passed by that it hasn't felt like that much time has passed. Saturday's wash day I will preparing my hair for braids. I also did a porosity test on my hair after I shampooed. I let my strands air dry and then placed them in a cup of water. After about 5 minutes in the cup my results showed that I have low porosity. Anyway here is how my wash day went:

  • Started off detangling my hair with Ynobe shop Pre poo treat w/amla oil. I thoroughly detangled my hair for about a half hour.
  • Shampooed with Giovanni ultra moist shampoo. When I used it my hair felt squeaky clean and not moisturized like I wanted. So I used Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and that did not help. My hair felt reallllly clean after using both so I guessed they served their purpose.
  • Remember I mentioned last wash day that I made some hair tea. Well I didn't forget to use it this week and soaked my hair with the tea. I'm in need of a new spray bottle because this one doesn't spray anymore.  :( I then coated that with my trusty Aubrey's GPB Balancing Conditioner. After rinse this combination out my hair felt like how it was supposed too. :)
  • Next I wanted to give my hair a hard protein treatment. So while I was at the beauty Supply store I couldn't find the treatment I was looking for so I bought IC Fantasia Vitamin/Protein Re-constructor that I left in for a minute as directed.
  • After rinsing that out I wanted to use a moisturizing deep conditioner. After debating on which dc to use in my stash I settled on Koils by Nature Hydrating Shealoe Creamy Conditioner. I left this on for over 3 hours under a cap with no heat.
  • For leave ins I used Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, sealed with Hairveda Vatika Oil, and for my cream I used TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer. I didn't use it when I was transitioning and wanted to save it for when I was fully natural and I am glad I did because I really liked how it locked everything in. When I take my hair out I will try it again because I like how it was thick but still felt light on my hair.


I feel that this combination did good for prepping my hair for the installation.Once I am finished my braids I will post pictures on IG. How was your wash day?


No comments:

Post a Comment