Friday, September 6, 2013

Regimen & Staples Updated

My Regimen


Regimen & Staples are subject to change depending on my hair NEEDS/WANTS!!!!

Wednesday
Deep condition on dry hair with moisturizing conditioner for 25-30
Co-wash with Co-washing Cleanser
Detangle, apply leave-ins, 
& seal using L.O.C. Method, then apply oil to scalp
Air Dry
( I may Co-wash more depending on how my hair feels)

Saturday (Wash day)
Pre poo with conditioner and blend of oils treatment for 1 hour or more with/without heat cap
Rinse, then shampoo (moisture/protein which ever one my hair needs)
Tea rinse
Rinse, then condition with conditioner of choice
Deep condition with moisturizing conditioner(protein/moisture* treatment if needed) for 1 hour or more with/without heat then rinse
Detangle, apply leave-ins, & seal using L.O.C. Method, then apply oil to scalp
Air dry in a Protective style

Daily
Moisturize & seal in sections or just apply moisturizer to ends if needed.
I apply JBCO every other day which is 4 times a week!

Protective Styles
Braid outs
Bantu knots
Twists outs
Box braids
Wash n Go's


Clarify
1st Saturday of each month
How I clarify:
Pre-poo w/ hot oil treatment
Clarifying shampoo
Clarifying conditioner
Strong protein treatment
Mild moisturizing deep conditioner
Detangle and apply Leave-ins
Apply heat protector
Air dry and then flat iron
Moisturize and seal
Apply oil to scalp

Bedtime Routine
Moisture & seal
Protective style
Wrap with satin scarf

My Children's Regimen

Sunday
Shampoo, condition, T-shirt Method, detangle, apply leave-ins, & seal with the L.O.C. Method

Wednesday
Deep Condition for 5 minutes

Friday
Co-wash

Protective Style
My kids hair stay in protective style for week or more depending on the condition of their hair



Staples

Shampoo/Co-wash Cleanser
Joico K-pak Color Therapy Shampoo
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo (Clarify)
Ouidad Co Wash

Conditioner
Aubrey GPB Balancing Conditioner

Deep Conditioner (I love DC so this will vary)
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Hairveda Sitrinilla Deep Hair Masque
Bel Nouvo Creamy Castor Custard

Leave-in
Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Conditioner

Moisturizers
As I Am Doublebutter Cream

Treatments/Protectors
Joico K-pak Reconstrut Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor
Aubrey's GPB Balancing Conditioner
Tresemme Heat Tamer Leave-in Spray

Stylers
Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango butter Curl Defining Pudding
The Modern Hippie Hair Gunk

Oils
New Growth Spritz
Jamaican Black Castor oil
Coconut oil, Grape seed oil, olive oil, tea tree oil,  jojoba oil, Argan oil, Vitamin E oil, Shea Butter oil, Almond oil, Avocado oil, Macadamia Nuts oil, and glycerin


Now I am trying to keep my products to 90% all natural. But when it comes to getting that you can only find  the majority of all natural products online. At stores like target & walmart there is such a limit. This is only to where I live now because in Baltimore walmart had a whole section dedicated to ethnic hair care products. Now some natural hair makers have deals on shipping like Obia Natural Hair care has a flat rate for shipping which is 2.99$ and then TGIN has free shipping on all of there full size products which is a steal. So I am trying to do a mix where I get my products from the store an online to try my best in helping small business owners. But still sticking to products that I know works for my hair. But the problem is the product junkie in me loves so many different things that it is had for me to just choose only a few. But I will continue to update so check back.

1 comment:

  1. Thank K. Hair maintenance's such a big deal. So time consuming and requires a lot o TLC. We have to deal with our hair, body issues, cellulite, weight loss... phew!!

    ReplyDelete