Friday, July 12, 2013

Review* #19 TGIN Moisture Collection

Hey guys!
I was sent the new moisture collection from Thank God I'm Natural (tgin) to review and share my results with you guys. When I was contacted I was to excited because I have heard nothing but good reviews about these products and was planning hard for when I would use these on wash day. I was sent a 5 item sample pack for my review. These products have no parabens, sulfates, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors, or animal testing in them which is very beneficial to one hair journey. 


Sample pack-17.99 $
Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo
Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), SODIUM METHYL-2 SULFOLAURATE (DERIVED FROM COCONUT), DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE (DERIVED FROM COCONUT), CETYL BETAINE (SUGAR BEETS), LAURYL LACTYL LACTATE, ALOE VERA JUICE , SODIUM LAUROYL LACTYLATE, LINIUM USITATISSIUM (FLAX SEED) EXTRACT, PANTHENOL (PRO-VITAMIN B5), GLYCOL DISTEARATE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYL TRIMONIUM CHLORIDE , PHENOXYETHANOL (PLANT DERIVATIVE) ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN , FRAGRANCE.
Directions: Distribute a liberal amount of tgin Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo throughout wet hair. Rinse well. Follow with tgin Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner or for extra deep conditioning, tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask.


Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner
Ingredients
: Aqua (Water) , Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera ) Leaf Juice, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Lactic Acid, Amodimethicone, Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin,TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate , DPG, Potassium Chloride, PEG 150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone
Directions: Wash hair with tgin Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo. Follow with tgin Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner, or for extra deep conditioning tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask.


Honey Miracle Hair Mask
Directions:
After shampooing with tgin Moisture Rich Shampoo, and conditioning with tgin Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner, apply a generous amount of tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask to hair and comb through to ensure thorough distribution from roots to ends. Place a plastic cap over hair and sit under dryer for 10-15 minutes or leave on the hair for 35 minutes to 1 hour without heat. Rinse thoroughly with warm water, followed by cool water. 
Benefits
 • Restores life to dry, damaged, or color treated hair
 • Improves shine and manageability
 • Locks in moisture and repairs damage
 • Reduces shedding and breakage
Ingredients: WATER, RAW HONEY, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, FRAGRANCE , BIS-AMINOPROPYL DIMETHICONE , BENZYL ALCOHOL , EDTA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,  DIMETHICONE , METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE , METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE


Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer
Directions: Use daily or every other day as need. Apply a small amount to hands, rub together, massage through and prepare hair for your normal styling regimen. Can also be used as a setting cream to create soft, smooth and shiny two strand twist and twist-outs.
Promises/Benefits:
•Hydrates dry curls and coilsImproves manageability
•Reduces frizz and fly aways
•Promotes healthy hair growth, shine, and softness
•May also be used as a setting cream for two strand twists and twist-outs
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Amodimethicone, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Prunus Amygdalys (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, PEG 4 Hydrogentated Castor Oil, Ceteareth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Aspatric Acid, Perfume, Cyclopentasiloxane, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Benzophenone – 3, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrasodium EDTA, Simethicone, BHT









Twist & Define Cream
Promises/Benefits: Enriched with coconut and Vitamin E oils, for smooth and shiny twists outs with long lasting curl definition.
•Creates smooth, shiny well-defined twists and twist outs
•Gives strong hold and lasting curl definition
•Reduces frizz and fly aways
•Hydrates dry strands
Directions: After washing and conditioning with tgin Sulfate Free Shampoo and tgin Intense Hydrating Conditioner, make sure hair is thoroughly detangled. Apply tgin Twist & Define Cream to damp detangled hair in small sections and comb through from root to tip before twisting. Mist untwisted section with water before applying product if hair begins to dry. For best results, allow hair to air dry. For maximum shine and softness, go over each twist withtgin Butter Cream Moisturizer once hair is dry and/or before untwisting.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, PVP, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol, Carbomer, Fragrance, Iodopropynul Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin 

My Review: The first product that I used was the TGIN Twist & Define Cream to refresh my curls. I used with Obia Naturals Curl Hydration Spray and when I took my rods out the next day they were a little hard at first, but as the day went on they soften up. It was moisturizing at first but after a day of going outside with these crazy elements my hair got a little hard, buy adding a little of the daily hair moisturizer it soften that up. My new growth were popping curls everywhere. They were well defined.
On wash day I used the shampoo and it didn't not like my hair. Thet were combating like it was nobodies business. No slip, my hair felt stripped, and it made my hair more tangled then before. It did one thing for sure and that was clean my hair. To me it felt like more of a clarifying shampoo then a no sulfate having shampoo and that was after washing my hair twice with it.
I used the conditioner next working it in my hair for about 2-3 minutes. It really really left my hair feeling back to normal The stripped feeling from the shampoo was gone and I could detangle with ease. My hair just sucked up the conditioner like it was water after using the shampoo. The conditioner took extremely well in my hair.
Next I used the Honey Miracle Hair Mask that I left on my hair for 3 hours. I didn't use heat cause it was already hot outside. When I rinsed this conditioner out it felt like my hair really absorb the nutrients from the mask. My curls felt balanced and not more of one then the other.
Now for the Butter Cream Moisturizer I didn't really use except for around my edges which are the driest of my hair it did quench there thirst and left my hair smelling good all day. I also used it on hubby and he said he noticed a difference in his hair. Being that he's outside more then me, the weather dry out his hair alot and this truly help with that!
The texture of the mask was liked whipped honey. It still had the thick consistency but was very easy to spread. I thought the 2oz was not going to do my head, but boy was I wrong. It covered it and then some. The consistency of all the rest were light to get out the bottle, but was thick enough to spread over your hair. I think the sample pack would do good on ladies with tall textured hair types as well.
The smell of each item was the same. A light floral smell that was not heavy at all. I really like this smell of it.
The package is simple clear jar with just the logo and description on the container. Nice wide opening for very easy excess, for us ladies with fat fingers. I was a able to get every last be of product out of the jar. Another plus on my list for theses products that they have free shipping on select items, the majority of them, and that is truly helpful on your pockets. 

Overall these were truly worth the wait and I am happy to say that I can add to the good reviews about these products given them a Grade of a A-. The minus is only for the shampoo that I felt was a little to stripping for my hair. This line was well worth the grade from free shipping to promised moisturized hair. I definitely want to purchase the deep conditioner to my staples and will be on my buy list for Black Friday! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment