Sunday, June 23, 2013

Purgasm* #16 Review & GIVEAWWWWAY (CLOSED)

Hey Guys

Now I raved about this makers poo bar and also had the opportunity of interviewing the lovely owner of Purgasm Shop! Purgasm Has added some new items to the shop! I am very great full for the opportunity to review these items! See previous post here!

I was overly excited when I was sent some brand new items to test that she has added to her line.

Here's my review:

Wild Cherry Treatment Hair Mask Truffles- 3, 6, 12 pack straight @ 12.00$

Promises: Botanical blend of moroccan clay, banana, honey, wild cherry bark, and silk to provide intense conditioning for curly, kinky, and afro textured hair. Formulated to increase softness,  moisture retention, and ease of detangling.

Ingredients: Moroccan Clay, Unrefined Cocoa Butter, Banana,  Honey, Marshmallow Root, Wild Cherry Bark, Hibiscus,  Argan Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol and Polysorbate 60, Silk Aminos, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Organic/Phthalate Free Fragrance Blend, Undutched Cocoa Powder, Vitamin E, LOVE!

Directions: In a bowl, place desired amount of hair truffles and slowly add a small amount of boiling liquid. Mix to dissolve clays, botanicals and butters. Add more heated water as needed to achieve desired consistency.  Apply to hair in sections and cover with a plastic cap. Allow to sit for at least 45 minutes. 
Suggested Liquids: Water, Aloe Vera Juice**, Coconut Milk**, Infused water (hair tea).

** We recommend adding boiling water to melt hair truffles and then thickening with normal temperature liquid of choice as heat may destroy beneficial properties of some liquids. 


Wild Cherry Curl Poppin' Gel-8oz 12.00$ 
Promises: Botanical blend of Wild Cherry bark, Marshmallow, ans Silk to leave curls moist, defined, and provide a light hold.

Ingredients: Distelled water Infusion (Hibiscus,  Wild cherry bark, Flaxseeds, Marshmallow Root, Nettle, Comfrey, Horsetail, Slippery Elm Bark), Aloe Vera, Silk Amino, Xanthum Gum, Phthalate Free fragrance & Essential oil Blend, LOVE!

Directions: Apply to wet or damp hair & style as desired.  May be used for wash & go's, twist,  braids, or other textured styles.

Raspberry & Pink Grapefruit Soy Candle

My Review:I know I always talk about this, but this is very important information when it comes to getting products off of online stores. My tuffles were a little melted due to the confined heat inside of the mail truck and mailbox.
Once it cooled down it did get hard again. You can do the same by putting it in the fridge for a couple of minutes. But to me this is very understandable. 

 I am always happy with Nicole excellent customer service. She always respond in a timely manner (next day) and always gives very detailed information!

The package for each product has her companies logo visible and very decoratively placed on her packages! As you can see the truffles were in a clear plastic bag and the rest of my items were in dark containers making the label stand out even more!

The truffles smelled like sweet chocolate. Hubby came in the bathroom and said 'Are u putting chocolate in my hair'. Me being sarcastic, because he knows my wash day routine, I said yes im putting chocolate in my hair. We'll he said umm can I lick your scalp..LMBO. He is so silly, but it lets you know that it smelled that good. The flaxseed gel & candle both have that light lingering of wild cherry scent that I truly love. Which is not overpowering & you can still smell it afterwards. 

The texture of the truffles all depends on how much liquid you add to get the right consistency. For me I did get a soft thick texture that was easy to distribute throughout my hair. But take your time because it can get watery fast if you don't break it down first like the directions state. 

Okay now for the truffles I mixed it with hair tea for my choice of liquid. I left it on for about a hour and 15 minutes. When I wash it out my hair felt thoroughly penetrated. Like the oils infused in to my hair shaft. I loved the feeling it really blow me awat. I never felt this before with a deep conditioner.
As for the flaxseed gel it gave my hair a nice fluffy hold. There were no flakes or residue which was a huge plus.

My Grade- A+

As for the giveaway this one will last to the 29th of June! I hope your enjoying my giveaway month.
Good Luck!!!!

1 comment: